Why isn't my Shopify discount code appearing on mobile devices?

MandyRenee56
Excursionist
39 0 5

Hello, 

I have an active discount code on my site that is for 40% off select collections. The code is active and all the applicable collections are selected, as well as other details of the discount. However, the discount code box is not showing on any page for mobile, but it does show for desktop. Is there a way to rectify this? I have double checked the code, made sure it is indeed active, that it applies to what I need it to, and so forth. 

Why would it be working on the desktop version but not the mobile version? I have tested it numerous times on my cell phone to be sure, and the discount code box does not appear anywhere, I've gone so far as to purchasing an item from my own website to make sure I wasn't missing it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Replies 8 (8)

imartinez
Excursionist
17 2 2

Hello,

Could you please provide your site url so I can check it out.

MandyRenee56
Excursionist
39 0 5

Yes, of course it is www.americanblues56.com 

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @MandyRenee56!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community and thank you for posting your question here in the forums. 

In order for the discount code field to appear at checkout, at least one discount must be active on your store. It sounds like you've double checked that there is indeed a code active, and the field is appearing on desktop but not mobile. This definitely sounds like an odd issue, and I'll be happy to take a closer look with you. Could you please share your shops URL with me by replying to this post? That way I can do some testing on my end as well to see if the issue is consistent. 

I'd also like to know what theme you're currently using for your shop. If you preview your site in a fresh out of the box Shopify theme does the issue persist? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

MandyRenee56
Excursionist
39 0 5

Hello Ash!

my site is www.americanblues56.com 
The theme is Debut (I’ve found it’s the easiest and most efficient for myself and what I offer). 

Thank you for any help

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @MandyRenee56!

Thank you for getting back to me so quick! I visited your site on my mobile device, and I was able to see what's going on. When you reach the checkout on mobile the screen size is smaller, so information on the page is re-arranged/compressed to make room for everything. At the top of the first page of the checkout there's a bar with a cart icon, text next to it saying "Show order summary" and the price of the cart. If you tap on that bar, the entire order summary is revealed, as well as the discount code field. Since the checkout has limited customization options for security and functionality purposes, this isn't something that can be changed at this time.

How are you currently advertising your discount code? I see that you have an announcement banner at the top of your page, and you may be able to add in a notice to tap the "Show order summary" bar for mobile users. If you're advertising this discount elsewhere you could also consider adding a blurb there, or even adding this information to your FAQ page. 

I hope this helps, and feel free to reply back and let me know your thoughts. 

MandyRenee56
Excursionist
39 0 5

Thank you for the help, I did some further research and realized that I believe the app Infinite Product options by Hulk is not allowing the discount code box to appear if there’s a “customization” on my products (such as choosing a different size). If I don’t choose a size option, then the code box appears. 

Thank you again for all your wonderful help, and now I’m off to figure out how to add a code box or remove the app altogether. 

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Very interesting!

Thank you for updating me with your findings. Were you able to check out what I mentioned in my above post with expanding the order summary to reveal the discount code field? Based on your findings, it's possible that is only true for certain products. 

I'm curious to hear anything more you uncover in your investigations, so feel free to pop back into this thread and share! I'll also be happy to further provide my assistance any way I can if you run into further questions or something that doesn't seem to add up. 

Best regards! 

ShopDoctors
Shopify Partner
39 2 5

Yes, what you're describing is correct. When you use apps that create draft orders (for price customization purposes), the checkout page does not show the discount code field.

As an alternative, you can use an app like ours to show a discount code field on your cart page: https://apps.shopify.com/discount-on-cart-pro

This way the code can get applied before your customers go to the checkout page.

Hope this helps!