Discount Code not working

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I created a discount code for 100% off of a product and its not working. 

AprilGilbert_1-1603143042793.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
680 71 101

Hi, @AprilGilbert. Welcome to the Community, and thank you for including screenshots in your post. That’s very helpful to know where to begin our troubleshooting steps!

The good news is, I can see that your discount code is actually working as intended! When entering the code, VOLUNTEER, a 100% discount is properly applied (the price is reduced to ‘Free’, and the subtotal of the order is $0.00). 

However, what isn’t allowing your customer to proceed to the next step of your checkout are your shipping settings. “This order can’t be shipped to your location” error is telling us that there is something about this order that does not fit into your shipping parameters.

The first thing to check now is the shipping zone. I can see that the address entered for the order is based in the USA, therefore please go to ‘Settings > Shipping and delivery’, and check that you have a shipping zone and rates set up for the USA. See the Help Doc for Setting up and editing shipping zones for more detailed steps.

Next, you’ll want to examine your shipping rates. Are you using calculated rates? Or a flat rate? The order must fit into these criteria as well in order for a shipping option to apply. For example, if you are using a flat rate that is price based, then you’ll need to be sure you have a rate set up for when the order amount is $0.00. We also have a Help Doc for Setting up shipping rates to guide you.

Let me know if either of these two shipping settings help to fix the issue. I’m here to help make sure this gets resolved, and we’ll dive into the next steps as needed.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes