Discount Code

Highlighted
4 0 0

I want to offer our customers 50% off an item of their choice for Black Friday this year.  I have been working toward and failing at finding the solution to this.  Does anyone have any ideas?

We have 13 collections and 400+ products on our store but we want to offer just a straight 50% off of an item.  The only similar solution I have come across is the buy one get one option. 

www.acworks.com 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
164 19 29

Hi, @ACWonline!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'm glad that you brought this up in the Shopify Community!

There is an Only apply discount once per order option for fixed value discount codes (i.e.: $5 off), but that option isn't currently available for percentage discounts. I have submitted a feature request to the appropriate teams here so that we might be able to include this option for percentage discount codes going forward.

In the meantime, you can use a third-party app to restrict your 50% discount code to one item so that it doesn't apply to every item in an order. An app like Discount Ninja can help you out with this.I'm here if you have any questions.

If anyone in the Community has any other app suggestions for adding a percentage discount to one item only, please share in the thread here! 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes