Discount Codes

17 0 0

Hi!  We would like to offer our customers who come to us from an influencer instagram post 2 specific items for free (lip balm and buffer) when they spend over $80

Ideally, we would like the customer to place their order, pop in their code Jacqui and when we see that code we would automatically know we need to add the lip balm and buffer to the order.  

So far we have only come across that the customer would have to add in the lip balm and buffer themselves and then enter the code and then they get it for free.

Does anyone have any suggetions for apps that can assist or a way to do this in shopify as is.

Thanks

Jacqui

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
348 31 74

Hi, @JacqM!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. What a great idea! Influencers can really help your store reach new customers and traffic, and offering them an incentive is a great way to do that.

At this stage, the discount code process built into the Shopify Admin doesn't allow products to be added to the cart automatically with the use of a discount code. One way you could work around this, would be to create a discount code for 0% off the order. That way, the influencer could use that code so it's flagged when they order and you can simply edit the order to add in the free items. You'll also be able to edit the price when editing the order so they are listed as free. This will send the customer an updated invoice with the new items added. You can find the steps to edit orders here: https://bit.ly/2Tzg0LX.

If an app is what you're looking for, I recommend checking out Selly. I've listed some of the features for you below.

• From $19/month. 15-day free trial.
  • Display offers to attract customers with flexible discount such as BOGO, free gift, free shipping, 20% off and more
  • Recommend customers to add more products by powerful tools: bundle, up-sell, cross-sell, goal motivator, quantity breaks and more

I hope this helps to answer your query. If you do have any questions at all around this, please let me know by replying to this thread.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
17 0 0

Hi Miles,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have set this up, however the code doesn't appear on the invoice.  Do you know if there is a way for it to appear as we will have to manually go into every order and check for the code.

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
348 31 74

Hey @JacqM!

You would need to check the order, not just invoice in this example. One way of locating orders in bulk with a certain discount code would be to navigate to your order page, you can search for the discount code and it will pull up only the orders with that particular discount. I understand that it's a more manual way of doing things. If this isn't ideal for you, then I go back to my recommendation of using a third-party app.

One other suggestion I do have is to edit the packing slip or invoices to include the discount code on it. This does require some knowledge of coding, so if you're not able to do it yourself, you'll need to hire a Shopify Expert or a developer to make the changes for you. We do have an app called Order Printer as well, which allows you to customise packing slips and invoices. This comes with a guide on how to add in different fields including discount codes which may also make it easier and avoid paying for an app. You can find the guide here: https://bit.ly/3ggGoEJ.

Let me know if you have any further questions at all.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes