Discount Creation on the existing Discount

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi

I have 25% discount already running on my products, now i want to make it 30% for 3 days and then make it back to 25%, how to do it in easy way?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @MRaza.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

Though it's likely just as easy to manually edit the discount code and change the discount percentage, then changing the percentage back afterwards. However, this makes it difficult to tell the discounts apart when looking back at your order history.

Instead, I'd recommend temporarily disabling the original discount code and create a new discount or duplicate the discount. Especially, if you're on the Shopify plan or higher, as these plans come with professional reporting. Professional reports can provide detailed sales reports based on the performances of your discount codes, which will work best if the discount codes are separate. 

Editing or creating the discount will need to be done manually, but you can set a schedule for when the new discount expires and when the original discount code starts again. This way, the time is specified and you won't have to disable or re-enable the discount codes manually.

Let me know if this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks Elias for your kind reply

I will check and try the process that is mentioned.

The Old discount of 25% was done manually on each and every product manually that is some how creating problem for me to chnage to 30%.

Is there any easy way of Export and improt to manage the prices of the products?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @MRaza.

You're welcome and thanks for following up! 

My apologies for the confusion, it sounds like your products are discounted by setting compare at prices as opposed to using discount codes. Since the compare at price is a product attribute, you can use the bulk editor to make changes (up to 50 products). However, if you need to edit more than 50 products, the easiest way is by exporting and importing your products using CSV. 

First, you can export the products from your Shopify admin, this will also give you the correct CSV format to work with. Since you're planning to revert the prices after the sale, you can consider exporting two copies. That way, you have an extra copy as a backup, which can be used for reverting the prices. After that, you can update the prices on the CSV using a spreadsheet program (eg. Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets) and import the products back to your store. Remember to check the box 'Replace any current products that have the same handle' when reimporting, so the system knows to overwrite the existing products. 

I hope this gives you a couple of options to work with. Feel free to keep me posted!

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi 

Thanks for your suggestion, but this Export/Import is creating another problem for me that is Inventory

Cant use the previous file for import as inventory changed

Any way, thanks for your support. 

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 63 88

Hey, @MRaza.

Thank you for following up! 

Based on the error - 'Can't use the previous file for import as inventory changed', it seems like there's a mismatch with the file or format?

So that I can take a closer look, can you share more details on how you might've encountered this error? Also, did you export the CSV from your admin? Or, are you using an older CSV?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes