Discount based on customer group (Reps or Affiliates)

1 0 1

We have an affiliate marketing program and we are looking to generate a discount code that would allow our reps to purchase their own products at their 30% off discount. Unfortunately, I am not finding any way to do this as I do not want to offer this to all customers only to active affiliates of our company. The only way I see it could possibly be done is to offer discounts according to customer tags (ex. all affiliates create and account and I tag them as affiliates) then a discount would have to be allowed to offer to only that specific group. Does anyone have any ideas or am I missing something? 

3 0 0

Hello Vickie,

What you've come up with here would be a great additional feature to Shopify!  While I wasn't able to find a specific feature that would allow for this perhaps using the customer group option would get you the same functionality you are looking for.  By setting up a customer group for the reps with a set discount it would allow them to purchase their own products with the specific savings.

"Customer groups (created by saved searches in the customers page) are easy ways to send discount codes to a select group of customers. For example, if you want to send a discount code only to customers who have spent $100 or more in the last month, you can apply filters to create a group of these select customers, quickly grab their email addresses, generate a special code, and send it to these customers."

Here is a link to more information on the saved searches:

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/customers/search-customers

Again, this solution isn't exactly what you are after but may be something to use in the interim until a more formal solution is implemented.

Hope this helps : )

Bob

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
174 0 28

Vickie, you're right about the approach: offer discounts according to customer tags (ex. all affiliates create and account and I tag them as affiliates). This already works with Shopify discounts. You just need to manually tag customers.

Are there any issues you see with this process?

Streamline your shop and sell more http://www.suppleApps.com
0 Likes