Discount code

hnel
3 0 1

How can I create a discount code for people after they leave us a review on Yelp, google or shopify?

0 Likes
HKJ
Excursionist
38 1 2

@hnel wrote:

How can I create a discount code for people after they leave us a review on Yelp, google or shopify?

There's a "discounts" section in the admin panel. Did you explore that?

0 Likes
ebuteau
1 0 0

Yes we did and there is nothing in there for what we want to do!

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10260 142 1940

Do not expect to find something that works with Google reviews since that would be considered incentivasation. Incentivising a review would be against the terms of service/use for Google Reviews.

From their own docs:

Reviews are most valuable when they’re honest and unbiased. For example, business owners shouldn't offer incentives to customers in exchange for reviews. Customers should always follow ourposting guidelines.  You canrequest to remove a reviewif it’s inappropriate or violates our policies.

My memory on Yelp isn't as clear but I'm fairly certain they adopt a similar policy. Overall, rewarding someone for leaving a review doesn't lead to real reviews.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes