Discount field not appearing

Sloane_Middleto
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi there - my store is no longer showing a discount code option when I go through the check out process? Does anyone have an idea as to why?

I also just got a message from a customer that they entered a discount code, and the interface cleared the promo code before they completed the order and it was not accepted.

Really hoping for any help I can get on the subject - many thanks!

Replies 10 (10)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11187 225 2281

You're using an app to create "checkouts" - looks like a bold app on first glace. The app would be making a Draft Order checkout, and those don't support discount codes.

When the checkout is the default Online Storefront one you'll see the discount code without issue.

You can always get a sense for if it's the Online Storefront checkout or not by looking at the breadcrumbs shown on step one. If there's no "cart" breadcrumb - it's from a different channel like the Draft Orders.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
ChalkMercantile
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi,

I'm not using any kind of app for checkout and there is no field for promo codes in my checkout process.  What do I do?  customers have contacted me and i've searched but can't figure this out.

Thanks!

Jayne

Derek_Morin
Shopify Expert
216 1 34

Hi, if no app are creating draft orders, therefore it might be as simple as the fact your store doesn't have any discount code created yet... did you create a discount code inside Shopify admin > Discount codes ?

You can also display a coupon field in the cart page, before the checkout page, for example add this product to cart and go to the cart page. That was done using the app called Carter - Coupon Field in Cart.

Anthony_Jackson
Shopify Partner
245 2 11

Hello there

Our app Discount Master by Autoketing can show discount prices on the checkout page. Customers see discounts on homepage, collection pages, product pages, cart pages, and checkout pages. 

banned

sandralgp
Visitor
3 0 0

Hola, conseguiste solucionarlo? a mí me pasa lo mismo!

Hi, Did you get it fixed?

crbailey
Visitor
2 0 3

Hello,

In case this helps someone else, I have discovered that when you have no discount code active, the box does not show.

You have to have an active code for the box to show at checkout.

the90sshop
Visitor
2 0 1

This answer solved my problem, thank you!

I had a discount code created, but I had it scheduled to a future date, so the field didn't show up. Once I set it to current date, the field auto-appeared.

Aitechdigital
Excursionist
22 0 4

If you're really using an app that's using Draft order API, then this might be the cause. 

There's an app you can use that will allow application of discount codes before checkout. Carter- Discount box in Cart.

Take care.

Williampat369
Explorer
112 2 5

Hi Sloane_Middleto,

The discount code area will appear only if the products in your cart are eligible for a discount. If they aren't, that field is hidden. So no worries, your theme isn't hiding the discount button, it's just that the products in your cart aren't able to have one applied.

These apps will allow customers to set up discount field on the cart page as well as enter customized discount codes before checkout which will lead to increased sales and customer loyalty.

1. Kart Discount App:

Easy to setup the discount field on the cart page. Show Discount Field on Cart Page and Side Drawer,

Features:

1.Stack Discount

2.Multiple Automatic Discount

3.Discount Finder

4. Free Shipping Estimation

5. Multi- Currency Option

6.3rd Party app compatibility and much more

2. Discount Reminder

Allow your clients to buy in for items and get advised consequently when you bring down the cost and spot items on sale.

3. Automatic Discount & Gift

Referral crusades made simple. Make and track joins, either with a Shopify rebate or a savvy bargain appended. Prefill the truck with items.

banned

SHHHH
4 0 0

i found the problem. Go to edit code and look for (cart-template.liquid) once you find it look for this code (my theme is debut so might be different for you) <ul class="order-discount order-discount--list order-discount--title order-discount--cart{% if item.line_level_discount_allocations == blank %} hide{% endif %}" aria-label="{{ 'customer.order.discount' | t }}" data-cart-item-discount-list>
{%- for discount_allocation in itemDiscounts -%}
<li class="order-discount__item" data-cart-item-discount>
{% include 'icon-saletag' %}
<span data-cart-item-discount-title>
{{- discount_allocation.discount_application.title -}}
</span> (-<span data-cart-item-discount-amount>{{ discount_allocation.amount | money }}</span>)
</li>
{%- endfor -%}
</ul>

put it below the <div data-cart-item-price> under the closed div (</div>)