How to create dynamic discount codes for repeat customers?

Aubree
Visitor
1 0 0

how to generate a dynamic discount code for repeat customers

Replies 6 (6)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @Aubree.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

Just to clarify, are you looking for a way to allow repeat customers to use the same discount code? Or, are you looking to incentivize customers after each of their purchases?

If you'd like to allow repeating customer to use the same discount code, you can create a unique discount code and apply the customer eligibility to each of them without setting a usage limit. 

Alternatively, if you'd like to incentivize customers after each order, you can consider integrating a loyalty program for your store. This way, you can offer more rewards as repeating customers continue to make purchases on your store. If you need any help with third-party apps, you can always reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages. 

I'd love to learn more about your business and the discounts you'd like to offer. Can you share more details of how you'd like to offer dynamic discount to repeating customers?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hjrc
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Elias

i am surprised that with the cost of Shopify Plus there is no way to offer discount codes based on amount purchased but make them valid only to that person and have this done automatically ?

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hi, @hjrc.

Thank you for joining the thread and posting this question!

I understand you're looking for a way to offer discount codes based on the total amount purchased. However, as this functionality isn't available at this time, I'd be happy to submit a feature request to our development team on your behalf. If Shopify moves forward with any changes to discounts or the discount codes, then we'll be sure to announce them on our Shopify Changelog.

Since your store is subscribed to Shopify Plus, then you can also check with the Merchant Success Manager (MSM) or the Shopify Plus Front-End Development team (FED) to see if they have a workaround for this functionality or whether they can create a custom solution for your store. While I can't guarantee that a workaround or custom solution is possible, it's worth checking with the MSM or FED team and they can also share additional suggestions.

I can see that you're a new member of our Shopify Community. Once you've explored solutions for this issue with our Plus team, I'd love to hear more about your business and share some resources to help you get started!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PROPEL-AGENCY
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Hi @hjrc 

I'm curious to know if you ever found a satisfying solution for automatic discount codes based on total amount purchased per customer

We are looking into creating an app that would provide such functionality and would love to hear your use case and discuss more if you would be interested?

Thanks,

Luke

itspriyanka
Shopify Partner
39 0 5

Hi @PROPEL-AGENCY Did you develop any app like this? I am looking for the exact same solution. Do share link if you have. 

Thanks,

Priyanka

PROPEL-AGENCY
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

Hi @itspriyanka Yes we did. It's not publicly available yet but we can have a call and I can run through it with you to see if it meets your needs?

Thanks,

Luke