Discounted shipping

BettyJane
1 0 0

Is there a way to offer say 25% off shipping?

I see options for free shipping but no way to offer the customer a discount on the shipping. 

0 Likes
Elle
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1086 97 180

Hi, @BettyJane 

Currently, the only discount that can be applied to shipping rates is a free shipping discount. Fixed value or percentage discounts can not be applied to shipping rates. To modify your shipping rates, head to Settings > Shipping in your admin.

You can learn more about the type of discounts Shopify supports here. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our support. We're available 24/7!

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
decantsf
1 0 0

Why isn't this a feature? We need this!

We also need an option for SUMMER HOLD shipping. We ship perishable items, and need to be able to let people choose to hold shipping for the future cool weather.

0 Likes
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
137 7 29

Hi,

You can offer discounts on products in Shopify. I am not sure about shipping in Shopify.

You can offer your customers discounts that apply automatically at checkout and on the cart. You can create a percentage or a fixed amount.

For an automatic discount to apply correctly, your customers need to add all eligible items to their carts before they move to checkout. This includes the items that they need to buy to qualify for the discount.

You can have only one active automatic discount at any given time. Automatic discounts take precedence over discount codes, and customers can't apply multiple discounts to a single order. Discount codes are unavailable for customers who have an automatic discount applied to their checkout.

In another method, with the help of a Multi-carrier shipping label app, these discounts are automatically taken into consideration to reduce the shipping costs by the percentage from the carrier. The carrier displays final shipping rates after reducing 25% of the original shipping rates.

To know more about the setting up and configuration of the app, you can contact the support team.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes