Discounts First Time Visitors ONLY

Highlighted
3 0 0

I am trying to figure out a way where I can send cold traffic to and they can purchase the product for 50% Off. I would like the cart to show the product at 50% OFF so they don't need to enter a discount code... making it very simple to understand and purchase.

But the next time they come to the shopify site they don't see the 50% Off and the only option is to pay full price.

I can't figure out a way to do this... any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
570 24 61

Hi there @no_tricks!

Don here from Shopify. :)

While it is possible to create a discount code which would only apply to specific customer groups and to create customer groups which would only include first-time shoppers; it would not be possible to have this discount automatically applied without the use of a discount code using just the admin functionality.

If you are looking to have this sort of selective discount applied automatically, you would need to look at using a discount app like Automatic Discount Rules.

Check out your options above and think about which method you would prefer to use for your particular requirements.

Are you going to be running a promotional marketing campaign in conjunction with this offer?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes