Discounts at checkout - How to make sure promo codes apply only to products not in sale

CeciliaPP
3 0 0

Hi!

We're having an issue with the discounts. We've created a new discount for a group of users and in the Shopify page says that the it can't combine with other automatic discounts (Customers won’t be able to enter a code if an automatic discount is already applied at checkout.) 

However, we have now a sale of 45% off and we're seeing that the discount is being applied over the 45% off. That shouldn't be happening, if the discount we created has worked correctly avoiding the combination of discounts, right?

How can we make sure that the special discount given to a group of users, is not applied in products that already have a discount?

Thanks!

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
443 44 94

Hi @CeciliaPP 

You are correct, that if you have an automatic discount currently active, as well as a discount code, that both are not supposed to be able to apply simultaneously.

Would you be able to post any screen shots of orders where you see both being applied at the same time? (Of course, redact any personal information.)

0 Likes
CeciliaPP
3 0 0

Hi @BobsMojo, thanks for your answer.

Please, see the screenshots below:

1- Product under sale, with a discount applied:

CeciliaPP_0-1614943642197.png

2- Checkout, when I apply the discount code:

CeciliaPP_1-1614944661745.png

Thanks!

0 Likes
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
443 44 94

That is not an automatic discount that you have set up on that product. You just discounted the product by manually changing the price and putting the regular price in the 'compare to' price.

Automatic discounts are set up, much like the coupon code discounts, in your discounts screen in admin.

BobsMojo_0-1614958775863.png

BobsMojo_1-1614958813451.png

In there, you can set the automatic discount to apply to specific products or specific collections. When the customer adds the product to their cart, the discounted price is shown in the cart. Using this method, the automatic and coupon code discounts will not be able to apply at the same time.

You will have to leave the product price as your normal price in the product setup screen. You can use any number of banner, sales badge, etc. apps to display an "On Sale" or "XX% Off" or "Now $XX.XX" on the product page(s), with a note that the sale price appears when it is added to the cart.

0 Likes
Rekha6
Excursionist
21 0 4

Hi Cecilia,

At cart page you can add Automatic Discount or Stack Discount after applying that you can see some price deduction from Actual price. Their you can get to know that the discount coupon got applied on product.

1)Well, most of the user might got confused with Automatic Discount on Shopify, If you select that shopify  Automatic Discount on every product which is added to cart on that it will apply irrelevant to the customer, So better to choose an app  from Shopify App store which creates Automatic Discount  on particular store , So i will refer Kart Discount App.

2)Yes, if you use this Kart Discount App you can use Automatic Discount and manual discount as well i.e; if a customer added a product at cart page for particular product with Automatic Discount of "10% discount" then he/she can also add "Sale -everything 10% off" manually also . Isn't it great! Even you can 1 more manual Discount also.

Am also sharing the app link:  https://apps.shopify.com/discount-coupon-field-in-cart-page which your problem will sorted out.

Thanks, 

Rekha.

0 Likes
Preethi006
Tourist
22 0 3

At cart page you can add Automatic Discount or Stack Discount after applying that discount you can see some price deduction from Actual price. Their you can see that the discount coupon got applied on product.

* Automatic Discount on Shopify, If you select the Shopify  Automatic Discount on every product which is added to cart you can see Shopify discount got applied which is irrelevant to discounts code which you are trying to apply. So better to choose an app  from Shopify App store which creates Automatic Discount  on particular store ,

* App you can use Automatic Discount and manual discount as well i. e; if a customer added a product at cart page for particular product with Automatic Discount of "10% discount" then he/she can also add "Sale -everything 10% off" manually also . Isn't it great! Even you can 1 more manual Discount also.

Even i faced the same issue one of my friend suggested a App i. e, KARTDISCOUNT

1)Show Discount Field on Cart Page and Side Drawer.
2)Stack Multiple Discount on Single Order. Example: 1 Automatic Discount + 1 Coupon code discount Example: 5% off on jeans, and 10% off on shoe if customer has both jeans and shoe in cart.
3)Discount Combination: Generate combined discount codes, that will be equal to applying 2 discount codes in stack, just like the above point. However, you can give away only one code in your marketing campaigns. When your customers apply that code, they get 2 benefits same like the above example.
4)Automatic Discount: Add multiple automatic discounts, enabled at the same time unlike Shopify's automatic which allows only 1 automatic discount as a time.

Try this app it may help you.

0 Likes