Discounts - is there a way to offer a discount code that can only be used by new customers?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Say I wanted to run a campaign to potential customers on Facebook and I wanted to offer 10% discount on your first purchase... but I don't want to give a 10% discount to all of my existing and returning customers (We have a product that has a high volume of repeat orders) is there a way to do that?

I know I can set it up to be only used once by a customer but that wouldn't prevent all existing customers using it.

Anyone have any good ideas?

Thank you 

Mairi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
45 0 6

Hey, Mairi!

Ciara here from Shopify. Thanks for posting :)

So the best way to do this so that the discount code is only applicable to a first order, is to use an app that offers the kind of customisations to detect whether it's a customer's first order or not.

There are a few options in the app store that might be worth looking at for you if you just use the search bar with the term 'Discount(s)' here.

But this one seems to be the closest to what you describe as it explicitly references the 'first order' functionality.

I hope this helps!

Ciara G | Shopify
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I know this is a late response but someone might end up here looking for a solution. The answer to your question is in this Shopify discussion.
https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Discount-for-New-Customers-Only/td-p/167588

0 Likes