Discounts

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys,

We offer free shipping on orders over $70. This is set up as an automatic discount.
The problem with this is when we are lucky enough for a customer to make a large order of $70 or over, if they have a discount code or we are having a sale with a discount code they are then unable and to use this because Spotify will not allow both the automatic code and the discount code.

I worry that I lose customers over this as in the past I have had customers contact me asking why they can’t use their discount code (when They want it most - trying to make a large order!) - does anyone know a way Around this or any suggestions?

TIA

Claire 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
920 58 114

Hi there @ClaireM!

Don here from Shopify.

Would you be offering free shipping for those orders over $70 across the board, permanently, as opposed to a timed offer?

If so, you can put in place a free shipping rate for those orders that meet the price requirement in your shipping settings, meaning the discount code 'slot' would still be free for any additional offers you are running at that time.

You can see how to set up a free shipping rate here on our help site, so in this instance, you would enter a rate for orders where the price is equal to $70 or more that is set as a free rate.

If you do this, you would not need to offer a code for free shipping meaning that other codes can still be used where available and applicable and you can remove the automatic $70 free shipping code you have now.

Let me know if you need a hand with putting this in place or if anything is unclear here.

Are you looking to have more higher-cost orders like this come in, or are you generally happy with where your traffic, conversions and average order sizes are currently?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes