Display Text/Popup on Checkout

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey Guys! 

I'm looking for a way to reduce abandoned carts when people see my $8 shipping rate after making it to checkout. I want to add text on the checkout page or even a popup that says something along the lines of "Congratulations for making it this far!! Here's 40% Off This Order!!". Anyone know how I can do this ASAP? Thanks

Kolin

www.kolinbryce.com

0 Likes

Hello 

As per the shopify protocol customizing checkout or adding any new feature in checkout is only possible in shopify plus. 

You can show the popup on cart page also if needed.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1663 50 174

@kolinbryceCEO wrote:

I want to add text on the checkout page or even a popup that says something along the lines of "Congratulations for making it this far!! Here's 40% Off This Order!!". Anyone know how I

Are you automatically discounting all orders?

Customers should be informed either on the /cart or on other pages.

Check your theme settings for a notification bar. Or edit your cart.liquid and related templates to inform the customer.

Unless your on the shopify plus plan the checkout cannot be edited.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2408 163 353

Hi @kolinbryceCEO,

Nick here from Shopify. 

As @oscprofessional and @PaulNewton have mentioned, it's not possible to edit or add to the checkout in any way unless you are on the Shopify Plus plan. Because of this, your best bet would be to add a pop up before the checkout and maybe when someone adds the product to the cart? 

It could be worth looking through some of the Pop-up apps on the Shopify App Store. A lot of them have the idea of reducing abandoned carts. Let's take a look at some of the ones I like below: 

For example, the Countdown Timer sales app is built to adopt smart psychological tactics with social proof, boost convert positively affects the buying decision of potential customers, increasing conversions along the entire customer process. 

Hopefully one of the above apps can get you as close to what you need as possible. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes