Display alternative payment methods on Checkout

Magdalena_Świąt
1 0 1

Trying to display alterantive payment methods on checkout ( buttons at top left corner ) instead of cart.  

Following instructions and remove following code from my cart page

{% if additional_checkout_buttons %} 
    <div style="" class="additional-checkout-buttons">{{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }}
    </div>
{% endif %}

Still they do not show up on checkout. Any idea what is going on here?

Freddie
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 41

Hey there,

The reason why this won't be working for you is due to the fact that you aren't actually able to customize the HTML of the checkout, to ensure complete security and privacy for customers in your checkout. The cart page that you are currently editing in the HTML would be the actual cart page within your theme (yourdomain.com/cart) and not the actual checkout. Editing the checkout.liquid file is only available to merchants who are on Shopify Plus plans, and if you are indeed on a Plus plan, we have full instructions on editing the checkout.liquid file right here.

Hope this helps!

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Simon_M
Shopify Expert
10 0 2

Thanks Freddie, 

I think Magdalena is referring to this tutorial: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-more-checkout-buttons-to-cart-page#show-ch... 

I'm also finding the same issue, having removed all evidence of the 'Additional Checkout Buttons' from the Cart.liquid code (the Amazon, Apple and Paypal Express quick buy buttons), they should appear in the checkout.  They do not currently. 

Magdalena, I also had to remove the reference to them in the Ajax cart as well (as this potentially could be a factor) but I have not solved this yet.  Any thoughts anyone?

(the Ajax code that I also removed is mentioned in the tutorial too, but I've posted it below)

if (window.Shopify && Shopify.StorefrontExpressButtons) {
  Shopify.StorefrontExpressButtons.initialize();
}

Jivan_Suhagiya
Shopify Partner
462 63 96

Hi
Did you activated alternate payment icons from backend?
here is the link https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/apple-pay
may be it can help you!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: suhagiyajivan1992@gmail.com
First kind of Checkout Reminder APP: https://apps.shopify.com/checkout-reminder
0 Likes
Falcotech
Tourist
4 0 2

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same issue!

0 Likes
Jay_
Shopify Partner
85 4 17
Hi all,

It seems like you’re having trouble showing the alternative payment methods on your sites.
Can you elaborate on the exact issue you’re experiencing?
Jay Friedmann | Developer @ Swiss Media
0 Likes
Falcotech
Tourist
4 0 2

Jay_,

According to the documentation here: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/add-more-checkout-buttons-to-cart-page#show-ch... The additional payment method buttons cannot appear on both cart & checkout pages. When the section of code is removed from cart-template.liquid the expected behavior is that the additional buttons should now appear on checkout but they do not.

0 Likes
Jay_
Shopify Partner
85 4 17

Hey there,

My apologies but seems like you have a legitimate concern. What theme are you using?

Jay Friedmann | Developer @ Swiss Media
0 Likes
JSS
Tourist
5 0 1

I'm having the same issue: I removed the "alternate payment" options from the Cart page, but now they're not appearing on the Payment page (only credit card & PayPal).

Has anyone figured out a resolution? I'm using the Debut theme.

0 Likes
stevevs
1 0 0

Same problem, Removed from cart per documentation, but does not show on checkout. Reason for moving was discount codes were not being applied for Apple Pay from cart. If that was fixed, the cart integration button would be fine. 

0 Likes