Display variants under product collections page

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 0

Hello!

I am seeking for a free app or a code that would help display the available variants under the products' photo on the main collections page. I have 6 color variants of a single product and I don't want to list all of them, however I do want the visitors to know that there are multiple options for that same product without having to click on the item. This may have been posted before but I was unable to find anything that actually solves this matter - the closest thing was the "Swatchy" app but since I'm just starting this venture I do not want to pay for any app, please excuse my frugality.

Thank you,

-Adnan

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
408 45 71

Hey, @AdnanJ!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Swatchy was actually the app I was going to suggest but I understand that you don't want to pay for an app yet. I don't believe there are any free apps for this at the moment but we do have this guide that may help you out. This is an advanced tutorial, however, which means it would be unsupported by our Theme Support team. They would not be able to assist here I'm afraid, as it is outside the scope of the support they can offer. If you cannot follow the guide yourself, you should be able to do this with the help of a Shopify Expert! You can actually post a job on the Shopify Experts Page and see what feedback and quotes you get. You can find where and how to do this here. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions - I am always happy to help. As you are just starting out with this venture, don't forget to check out our Shopify Academy, we have so many free short courses that are really informative. You can enrol at any time here!

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
290 53 59

Hello Adnan,

Yes this is possible without app, i recently did same in client store but in another theme.
Here you can check https://dev-variant.myshopify.com/collections/all 

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you happy and want to donate small, click here: Paypal
0 Likes
Tourist
3 1 0

@Guleriathanks for the response! Apart from the fact that the black / grey t-shirt has a white colored swatch, this looks good. However, as I previously mentioned I am looking for a free solution

@Lulu5 thank you for the response, however unfortunately this does not really help - "the color options of your products will appear as clickable swatches on your product pages" - I want them below the product image on the main Collections page

0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
3 1 0

I'll just try to showcase all variants in the main photo of the product, I'll figure out how to do it properly later

0 Likes