Do PayPal releases funds instantly or alternate option?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, when one is doing Print On Demand with shopify and customer pays, do paypal releases the funds instantly or there is a general hold period? Like they wait for the customer to receive their product, tracking info and so?

What option is available if I needed funds available instantly as soon as the customer pays or by max 24 hrs?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 79 109

Hi, @webzz,

Hank here from Shopify!

Normally with PayPal, the funds would be instantly transferred into your PayPal account. You should be notified of any funds that come into your account but to assist you better with this, I have found this guide on their website with more information about getting paid with PayPal. 

If there is something wrong, or does not seem correct or accurate with your PayPal account, I would recommend reaching out to their support team for further assistance as they own the gateway, so we would not have any way of individually looking at your PayPal account.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Yeah so suppose one of the customer pays now, and as usual I would send the tshirts for printing, fulfillment and shipping which would take approx 5-6 days. And you are saying Paypal immediately makes the fund available, so I can immediately withdraw the funds into my account as soon as the customer pays via paypal?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 79 109

Great question, but you would need to reach out to PayPal for the best answer as it is their gateway that would control the payouts.

My understanding would be the print-on-demand is not linked to your PayPal in terms of timing, but I would advise you to confirm that with them using the above link I shared with you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like