Do facebook adds work???

1 0 2

I can't speak for anyone else. The only thing Facebook did  for my store is add more likes to my Facebook page than sales. Will have appreciated if all that likes can translate to SALES

2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

Agreed, an affective FB page/Ad requires continuous grooming, linking, tagging etc. From my experience the condition of your page directly affects how your ad is distributed.

2 Likes
1 0 2

I've spent several hundred dollars recently on FB ads. Our product is a Bluetooth speaker for stand up paddle boarding (Getdrifter.com). We saw the best results wih attractive women on paddle boards targeting men 45-55 whose interests were paddle boarding (or similar) in the US. A lot of traffic at $.02-.05/click. Our average time on our website went way down. It did correlate to more products added to the cart but little sales success. 

2 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

We started using Facebook ads last week. We're running about 10 different tests to different demographics with the United States only. Traffic has been strong for the most part. Conversion rate is also looking quite good.

Sample: https://www.facebook.com/uptonbelts/posts/821919687926188?notif_t=like

I think it really depends on what message you're sending to the viewers. For example, if you sell a product that costs $100 but your Facebook ads don't suggest this, you may get people clicking to your site who have no intention of spending that amount of money. Then it just makes the conversion that much harder.

If you choose to run Facebook ads, do your best to convince the viewer that yours is a product they need even before they click to your site. Then once they click, the site should only substantiate their decision.

1 Like
1 0 1
Personally we have had no luck with Facebook ads. As a men's Grooming supplies distributor, we used to have ads targeting men between the ages of 18-70, and less than half of the ad views would result in clicks, and less than 75% of those clicks had sales associated. The main problem we have with Facebook is their policy on profanity. Although our business is registered as Glorious Bastards, we had to change our Facebook page name because the word "bastard" is the same level of prohibited profanity as "fanny" and "turd", and they couldn't link ads to our page. Even after changing the page name, we still cannot get ads going because of the word " bastard" in our webpage address. We are currently looking into Google AdWords to see if we would have the same issues.
1 Like
1 0 9

Don't waste a single penny on Facebook...

I highly recommend you watch this incredible video on how it's just a money grabbing scam that does NOT work....and why it does not work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfHeWTKjag/

9 Likes
2 0 2

: )

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

You can tweak the settings on your Facebook ads so you only pay for clicks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
34 0 6

We have also put in quite a bit of money into ads and recieved a ton of clicks but maade very few sales, Ive figured out that fb ads are only really effective when you have configured a retargeting campaign. We produce womens fashion footwear, so we usually try 5-6 images as soon as we get new models and pick 2-3 that are favorites till we get something new in.

AVHEELS.COM

1 Like
1 0 1

I also have had limited success and it depends on the product of course. I have used Adespresso which helps fine-tune your target market and provides constant feedback as to wich ad and target market is working best. Even then, the actual buys seem really low.  for example I can target Paddleboarders and Stand Up Paddle Yoga, and it will tell me which market is getting more clicks and can break-down the age, sex and location so you can spend less on markets that aren't working. Seems the consistent message here is everyone gets a lot of clicks, but not much buy through. 

1 Like