Do not have permission to refund & funds not showing up in PayPal

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with my first ever order! I need to issue a refund but I am getting a message saying that I do not have permission to issue the refund. When the order was placed I was prompted to set up a PayPal Express Checkout Account which I did. I have read a few topics where other people have had the same issue so I have deactivated and then reactivated my PayPal account which is set up but I am still getting the same error message. The money has not gone into the PayPal account either however when I try to issue the refund on Shopify it does say that the amount is available there to refund (in brackets underneath)

I have now left it 2/3 days as I was planning to try to issue the refund directly through PayPal as I read that suggestion from another expert on a recent topic but the funds aren't showing and I have now read that they should show immediately. To be honest all very confusing! 

Can someone please help?!

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 11.15.47.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

This is now becoming quite an urgent matter as I am unable to issue the refund and the customer is not very happy, can someone please advise? 

0 Likes