Does Shopify Support Local Businesses?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

At the moment, all I really need my store to do, is show the items & variants I have, and list their pricing in an aethetic way. Which shopify is doing great for.

The trouble hits on checkout. Its pretty structured and impersonal. So my workaround is that I want my customer to put in their email--thats it. I can handle the details. I am running an actual physical business, right? I want to personally serve my potential customers.

No shipping address (they have to come in to the store), no payment method needed 

I can eliminate all payment options but COD (Cash on Delivery) but it will still require the user to put in all this extra information as though an item was shipping.

Another point: 
Look at the facebook message integration.. does it allow the user to simply message the business with a question, or does it solely shove the onine shop into messenger unnecessarily (didn't they click on messenger from the shop??) or does in commandeer all my facebook messages for that page now so that anyone who messages the page gets hit with the shop shoved into a message?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
916 95 149

Hey Arthur,

One approach would be to hide your cart from the shop header following the instructions shared in this post https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-discussion/t/how-to-remove-the-cart-and-the-checkout-in-th... and then follow this tutrial from the shopify team https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/communication/replace-add-to-cart-button to replace the add to cart call to action, such that it renders your contact form for the customer to fill in the email or any notes you might be interested collecting.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Sergiu

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes