Does Shopify allow a commission system?

Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi,

Not sure if this should be here or maybe under Apps, but I was wondering whether it would be possible to set up a commission system (refer a friend, get £5 back on your order etc.). This would be useful both for regular customers and when working with influencers. 

Thanks!

Nina

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
665 63 88

Hey, @ThePrincessCut.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great idea!

There are third-party apps, such as Gather: Refer a Friend or Conjurred Referrals, which are built for referrals and they offer a couple of ways to show the program to your customers. Customers can sign-up easily, simply by creating an account on your store or by filling out a referral form for example. 

On the other hand, there are also affiliate programs, which will lean more towards working with influencers. Most affiliate programs will include tools for registration, such as an application page, which is separate from your customers. They also provide separate dashboards for you and your affiliates for managing, making the program easier to track and paying commissions. 

Since these are third-party apps, you can also reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page for any assistance. 

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes