Does Shopify have an option to ship each product separately?

3 0 0

Hello - I *think* I've searched every term I can think of, but haven't found an answer one way or the other.

We'd simply like to have every product we sell shipped separately, because we ship them in custom-formed boxes. 

Currently, if a customer orders 2 products, they are charged shipping as if the 2 products are being shipped in one box.
Our actual cost for 2 boxes is much more than that - it can be as much as $30 more.

Orders with only one product work perfectly.

We are using Shopify Shipping, weight based, with no apps, and ship from one location, using UPS.

Have I missed a simple answer somewhere? It sure seems pretty basic!

Thanks in advance for your help, and please let me know if I have not included enough information.

Nancy

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
1093 88 244

If you're using weight based shipping, what about setting each product to weight 1 (kg / pound) or something, then creating shipping rates based on weight? So if 1, shipping rate is $x, if 2, shipping rate is $y.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes
3 0 0

Good suggestion, Joe - that would work, except... I forgot to write that our products vary from 3 lbs to 75 lbs, and everything in-between!

Thanks for helping troubleshoot, though!

Nancy

0 Likes