Does Shopify have an option to ship each product separately?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello - I *think* I've searched every term I can think of, but haven't found an answer one way or the other.

We'd simply like to have every product we sell shipped separately, because we ship them in custom-formed boxes. 

Currently, if a customer orders 2 products, they are charged shipping as if the 2 products are being shipped in one box.
Our actual cost for 2 boxes is much more than that - it can be as much as $30 more.

Orders with only one product work perfectly.

We are using Shopify Shipping, weight based, with no apps, and ship from one location, using UPS.

Have I missed a simple answer somewhere? It sure seems pretty basic!

Thanks in advance for your help, and please let me know if I have not included enough information.

Nancy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
872 72 205

If you're using weight based shipping, what about setting each product to weight 1 (kg / pound) or something, then creating shipping rates based on weight? So if 1, shipping rate is $x, if 2, shipping rate is $y.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Good suggestion, Joe - that would work, except... I forgot to write that our products vary from 3 lbs to 75 lbs, and everything in-between!

Thanks for helping troubleshoot, though!

Nancy

0 Likes