Does Shopify saves my store content and data after trial?

3 0 0

Hi there,

I am wondering if Shopify will save domain name (mysite.myshopify.com) and with all content and data after the trial?

Regards

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 14 16

Hey there, @JOHNFUTURE!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome, and thanks for posting! 

If you haven't yet selected a plan and entered your credit card details before your trial ends, your account will automatically be put into a 'Frozen' or closed status. We can guarantee that all of your store's data and configuration information (including your .myshopify.com URL) will remain saved for 30 days. We don't normally automatically delete all account information right after 30 days, as it's normally done in a 'sweep' fashion deleting a large number of accounts past the 30 days mark every so often. That being said, we're not able to guarantee your account information past the 30 day mark. 

To clarify, your .myshopify.com URL is associated to your account - but we encourage our merchants to purchase a custom domain for visitors to see on the storefront end. This will make it easier for your customers to remember your shop's address, enforce your own brand, and gain your visitors' trust as an independent business. Once you've purchased or connected a third party domain (ex. from GoDaddy.com), your visitors won't be able to see your .myshopify.com URL - this will be mainly used as a 'username' for us to be able to identify your store when you reach out to our Support Team.

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

I will have to do a backup for everything then.

I have my custom domain.

I was wondering about  .myshopify.com

I understand that is like a 'username', thus I am wondering if the 'username' will be deleted as well?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 14 16

Hi again @JOHNFUTURE

It's never a bad idea to back up your store! Once a .myshopify.com URL is attached to an account it will remain attached to that account. If the account information has been completely deleted (and thus cannot be re-enabled), the .myshopify.com URL will disappear and cannot be reused for legal reasons.

I hope that answers your question. 

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes