Is Shopify a viable option for businesses in China?

tobyglei
Tourist
14 0 2

I have few stores planning to migrate over to Shopify and still researching whether it's a fit for my business or not.

15-20% of my traffic is coming from Mainland China. Not sure if Shopify is a fit for this or if anyone has experience or suggestions on this.

Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)

tobyglei
Tourist
14 0 2

Does anyone face problems like this?

Sam-Yang
Tourist
7 0 3

Here is a case study of how ten popular sites work in China.  Then the article provides a solution to get a Shopify store working in China.

Just be aware that if you want to capitalize on that 20% traffic, you'll want to consider the legal requirements to operate an e-com site in China (ICP, X-border data transfer, etc.).

Good Luck!

Alessandro92
Tourist
3 0 0

Shopify is unstable in China. Meaning even if your store is accessible today, you’ll likely see a high bounce rate, since Shopify doesn’t have servers inside China. Meaning the site will be unstable and slow from the Firewall of China’s deep packet inspection.

We used this Shopify China acceleration service to fix the Shopify + China firewall issue.  Since implementing the bounce rate in China has dropped 70% and sales increased 600% +. China market is lucrative if done right.