Does anyone have a good resource for photographing products.

David_Rosen
Tourist
28 0 3
We want to create a standard operating procedure for photographing products to make them all consistent. We are looking for any resources out there.
0 Likes
Sawyer_DeVuyst
1 0 0
If you live in NYC, try 3rd Ward. You can get photo studios by the hour and they have great natural light.
0 Likes
CR4
Shopify Partner
47 0 5
David_Rosen
Tourist
28 0 3
Thanks for the reccomendations!
0 Likes
LusherLeather
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi David;

Are you comfortable photographing yourself? It took me quite sometime to get exactly what I wanted (trial and error but have some suggestions as I found product photography not only costly but inconvenient since I'm often getting in new samples of my designs & don't have time to send them out and wait a month or more for results. I now find the process wonderful for understanding and marketing my products.

You can use a cell phone for product photos.

Tips: Use a grid view on your phone camera and ensure you always keep your products within the lines ( I keep my products in the 4 center squares of my grid so when I crop the photo's Square they all land in the same sight line).

Use a Tripod - if you can set up a photographing kit in your office or home this is ideal. I even photograph at the same time of day for lighting. 

Use a white paper roll ( backdrop) and get a photography kit with all Backdrop Stand & leave it set up and ready to go.

Edit on your cellphone and post right to your shopify store for ease. Note: Any inconsistencies with line up of products on the collection page can be fixed with Shopify Apps that keep photo's square ect - I use these apps only when needed and then delete them after it's all good but find even just editing the pic in shopify works. 

After you've done this a few times you'll find what you really like and are able to change as you learn and see things you like in other shops. 

I hope this is helpful

0 Likes