My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.
If you've selected the Pause and Build plan you can still have your site up for customers to see, which means you can still collect emails. The only thing that they can't do on the site is to buy something since the checkout is disabled on that plan. We've got more information on what works on this plan in our help center guide.
If you chose the Full Pause plan, then you won't be able to log in until you reactivate the account and your customers also won't see the site.
To help answer the other question you have about contacting us you can follow the steps below to access the available contact options for you at the time you check:
1. Head to our contact page question section and log into your store.
2. Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic:
3. Doing this will present you with links to relevant pages on our Help Center, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you need further help:
4. Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available at that particular moment:
5. If you don't yet have a Shopify store or are unable to login, you can choose the "Continue without logging in" option at the start and continue through the same process.
Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business