Does influence marketing actually work to bring in sales?

Damon2
Tourist
10 0 2

Ok so I started a Streetwear clothing line about 3 weeks ago. And so far we haven't had any sales so my main plan for now is to send my products to influencers and have them wear it and share it on their page. But I'm worried I won't see a ROI. Is there anyone that's used it before that can give me some advice. Because it feels like I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what! My site is Bosstendencies.com and our Instagram is @Bosstendencies 

also if there's anyone who also has a clothing line I would really appreciate advice. Thank you!

MyBrandBoost
Excursionist
30 0 6

It all depends on who you are working with and what the arrangement is. If their audience is wearing clothes similair to yours and can afford it, it is worth a shot if the deal fits in your budget. 

Have you tried running an advertsing campaign on your own? 

An issue you will have is the consumer seeing your social media and the lack of credibility (following + engagement) you have. 

0 Likes
Damon2
Tourist
10 0 2

No not yet. I'm thinking about running a contest but other than that I honestly don't have any other ideas. If you do please let me know. Thx

0 Likes
MyBrandBoost
Excursionist
30 0 6

I think increasing your social media following and engagement will help, running targeted facebook ads and see what your feedback/stats are like before investing to much into having other market for you. 

You could become dependant on them and they could easily stop marketing or do business with a competitor.

0 Likes
Damon2
Tourist
10 0 2

Ok thanks any advice on running Facebook ads?

0 Likes
MyBrandBoost
Excursionist
30 0 6

With any advertising making sure your ad appears to as many qualified and interested buyers is crucial. Its all about proper targeting and being specific. The better you know your ideal customer, who and how old they are, where they are, what they like to do the easier it is to target.

If you need any additional help feel free to reach out via our website.

0 Likes
Rock_Paper_Copy
Shopify Partner
1017 0 111

Hi Damon! Maggie, a Shopify Partner here :)

Influencer marketing does work, the trick is in picking the ones with the followers most likely to buy from you. Make sure to do a deep research into their followers base - are the follows, likes and comments genuine or generated by bots? That's a make or break difference for successful campaigns. Also, make sure to ask Influencer for breakdown of their followers - all pro Influencers have that - geographical location, age, interests etc. This will help you compare with your defined target audience and decide if the particular Influencer is a good match. 

A good idea is to define exactly how the shoutout will look like [I recommend giving Influencer a full authority when it comes to styling and displaying your product]. Make sure to agree on additional terms - time of posting, how long the shoutout will last, what CTA to include etc. as Instagram does not allow links in individual posts, decide whether the followers should like your Instagram profile, visit your Facebook page or maybe take part in a contest]. 

Also check these guides:

Influencer marketing

Influencer marketing – how to find Instagram Influencers [free video]

Maggie Tuczapska

Rock Paper Copy

maggie@rockpapercopy.com

Get exclusive access to SEO tips and traffic building strategies (it's free) - Subscribe to my daily newsletter!

Skyrocket your traffic with social media marketing

http://www.rockpapercopy.com

Learn How to Set up a Shopify Store. Join our Shopify Training Course today: http://bit.ly/ShopifytrainingSEO
0 Likes
Louise_Mead
Tourist
4 0 3

The Social Sales Girls are really helpful for stuff like this.  Here's their website https://www.thesocialsalesgirls.com.  They also have a FB group - the link is on their site.  They run a range of free and paid courses on growing sales on social media.

0 Likes
Mark47
1 0 0

Influencer Marketing is by far the best tactic one can use when employing a digital-focused ad campaign. Nothing resonates more with consumers than a recommendation from a trusted source. If you're not having success, you're not doing it right.

If you have questions about how to do it right, just give me a holler at mark.c@reeliolabs.com. I've been working in the influencer space for years and am happy to help guide small business owners toward success.

0 Likes
Kitty_South
Tourist
34 0 1

Damon,

I believe that it does, think of it as this you make this group of people who are running around saying how awesome you are and how they love your clothes to all there friends and followers. Great idea and proven to work.

http://www.dirtysouthvintage.com

Good luck to your new business, work hard and give it time to flow.

Each time I fall I just stand back up! I refuse to take anything lying down! As long as my legs can stand I will keep Walking! As long as my mind keeps dreaming I will keep reaching! As long as I have my eyes I will keep my vision! As long as the haters hate, I will still show them what it means to be a winner! As long as the Band keep rocking I will Rock On!! Never going to stop!
0 Likes