Does the Shopify Email App Send Order Confirmation Notifications?

Solved
tealmig
3 0 1

I would like to delete the shopify email app, but am worried it's connected somehow to the notifications like 'order confirmation' email that goes out automatically. I can't find any resources to reassure me that if I delete the shopify email app it won't mess up all of the automated notification emails that go out. 

Does anyone have any additional resources on this topic or know if I'd be okay deleting the app?

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
772 86 115

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @tealmig!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

The Shopify Email application allows you to choose from a variety of templates to create email campaigns which can be sent out to your customers. While it is possible that you could have made an order confirmation email using the app, there is also an order confirmation email built into the Shopify admin. This is most likely the one being sent out since it's automatic. To see all of the email notifications that are built into the admin, head over to the Settings> Notifications section of the admin. 

Additionally, if you head over to the Marketing section of your admin, you'll be able to check out the existing email campaigns you've created for your shop, and which are using the Shopify Email application. May I ask why you're wanting to delete the Shopify Email application at this time? 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
tealmig
3 0 1

Hi Ash, 

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. I appreciate the help on this. That's good to know about the Email App & Notifications, from the info you've provided I'm now pretty sure we're using the automated one in settings-> notifications. 

I liked the shopify email app a lot but it doesn't offer everything we need in terms of creative customization, pop-up support and other things so we're using Privy instead for the time being. 

Thanks again for the assistance! 

Best, 

Teal 

Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
772 86 115

Hey, @tealmig. My pleasure! I'm so glad that you found my response helpful. 

I absolutely appreciate that you need to find the right tools to handle your business needs, and it sounds like Privy is going to be a great solution for you. Feel free to post in the Shopify Community any time you have further questions. Our team is always happy to help, and other Community users also often have great insights to share. 

Best regards! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog