Domain Getting Disconnected

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
25 0 3

Hey Shopify Community, 

My domain at third-party is getting disconnected every hour or so.  Haven't faced this issue before.   Everything looks good with my records.  When I retry connection, it comes back with no issues. 

Any ideas on why it is getting disconnected?

image.png

Thanks,

Manny

apollomerchants.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

Hey, Manny!

Taking a look at "apollomerchants.com," the DNS settings appear to be correct based on what I can see within the public records so the domain should stay connected. Is there another domain you're using by chance, or is "apollomerchants.com" the one that is causing problems? If you could follow up with further details, then we can get the ball rolling on finding a solution!

-Peter

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also experienced this issue multiple times. for my https://crystalelements.us/ . domain.

It has been happening since shopify's recent global outage.

I have been asking for refund on 2 months of service and shopify support keeps ignoring my request.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

@Maria_SD 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your domain. I can understand how that would be frustrating as downtime can harm your business. I would be happy to help provide some assistance to get this reviewed, though, I will need to gather some context from you first.

1. Did you purchase the domain through Shopify or a third-party?
  2. Have you spoken with our support each time the domain has disconnected? If yes, what was the outcome?

Typically, we provide refunds only if an account is closed within 72 hours of an invoice generating. It does sound strange that our support would be ignoring your requests, as that is not the level of service we hold ourselves to. While I can't guarantee that we'll be able to provide a refund, I can ensure those tickets are reviewed to gain a better understanding of why you feel we've ignored the request and to ensure appropriate coaching is provided to the representative you interacted with. If you can provide me with the ticket(s) number for these interactions, I can begin the review process. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi!

I'm facing the same problem. I have a domainname on Namecheap, which is connected to my Shopify store. The connection itself works perfectly. But it keeps getting disconnected. Sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after a few days. Then I verify the connection again and then it works again for a few hours/days, before deconnecting again. Really frustrating.

My website is www.izeofthefuture.com

At the moment the connection works, but I expect it to go down again soon.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

@izeofthefuture 

That sounds like a pretty frustrating situation to be in. Taking a look into the public domain records for your domain, I can see that you have two "A" records setup:

20-01-a6vb8-w71hq

When using a third-party domain with Shopify, we only require our "A" record, and the "Cname" record as any other records may cause issues with the connection. I would recommend removing the Namecheap "A" record, waiting 24 hours, and trying again as I believe this should resolve your issue.  If not, please let me know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Thanks for your help Peter.

Where can I remove the Namecheap A record please? Is this in Shopify or in Namecheap?

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

@izeofthefuture 

You're welcome! To remove the "A" record, you would need to login to your domain manager with Namecheap. If you're having issues locating the record, then it would be best to reach out to Namecheap support. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

@Peter 

Unfortunately I do have issues locating the A Record in Namecheap. All I find is the correct one, so the one I don't have to delete. (see image)

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-27 om 22.13.08.png

Support from Namecheap isn't very useful either... I've no idea how to resolve this issue.

edit: I did find this: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/319/2237/how-can-i-set-up-an-a-address-...

If I understand correctly, I should remove the CNAME Record and the URL Redirect Record?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
723 107 279
Don’t delete the CNAME record because that looks right. But I don’t know why you have that URL redirect, so delete that.
Also, is that the entirety of your DNS settings? If not post full screen shot so we can see if something else is wrong.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution