Domain Registration Issue - Error During Purchase, Domain Not Attached To Shopify Store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Issue: Registered/Purchased a new Domain via Shopify, but received error after purchase and the newly registered Domain is not attached to my Shopify store.

I didn't pay attention to the error, but read something like "error during Domain registration" or some such. I assumed it hadn't registered so attempted to go through the process again, but this now can't be done as the Domain has been newly registered (looking at the WhoIS info I can see it was done so when I went through the process the first time). If I try to connect an existing domain, I get an error stating that "A store with that domain name already exists".

My Credit Card has been charged, but the Domain is not attached to my Shopify account. Help please :)

Note that I would contact Shopify chat support directly but the Contact page won't seem to load!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Anyone have any insight? I've had emails from Shopify requesting that I confirm the domain name, which I've done, but it still states it's attached to another store, and isn't showing as an option for this store.

0 Likes