Domain Renewal

alivebeautycare
1 0 0

Hello - I set up my website a year ago but didn't turn on auto-renewal for my Domain. My Domain will expire in 2 days however there is no way that I can manually renew it (I've since turned on auto renewal). It would be good if you could push the payment directly from the website.

I've spent a considerable amount of time on this as Shopify hasn't addressed the issue and you can no longer contact customer support  directly. I see a lot of other people have had the same problem. 

Can someone from Shopify Support please help? You can e-mail me at alivebeautycare@icloud.com

0 Likes
Eunice
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 40 35

Hey, @alivebeautycare 

Eunice here from Shopify, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community!

Since you turned on auto-renewal before expiry, your Shopify-managed domain should now automatically renew. However, if it doesn't - don't panic! Expired Shopify-managed domains enter an immediate 40 day grace period. This means you will still be able to renew the domain within 40 days of the expiration date by contacting Shopify Support via chat, email, or callback through the Shopify Help CenterThis video clip shows you how to access the chat and email option. If you would prefer to speak with someone over the phone, please log in to your store when prompted to view the callback option. 

Congratulations on your 1st year! That's a huge achievement! How's it going so far? By now you may have had lots of first-time customers purchase from your store. This could be a great time to look for opportunities to re-engage those customers and get them to come back. Learn how to grow your business by selling to current customers with this awesome blog. It's a super handy resource to have on hand once your store has reached passed the getting started stage. 

I hope this all helps!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes