Domain Transfer

polstar
1 0 0

I have a domain associated with dinsol.in which is polstar.in, and I want to transfer my domain from Dinsol.in to Shopify. I have tried thousand times but could not made it possible I have everything the code domain.

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 21 16

Hello @polstar!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're looking to transfer a domain into Shopify so I wanted to help you out.

You mentioned that you have already tried to do this many times, but it was not successful, so I will outline the steps for this here, and you can see if maybe you missed something here or if there is a particular step that you're stuck on.

The transfer process involves going to your domain host first (in your case, Dinsol.in) and asking them to unlock the domain for transfer. You should then receive an authorisation code from them which you will be able to use on the Shopify side of things in the Online store > Domains section when you go to Transfer domain:

08-28-27870-42358

You will then need to enter your domain name without any prefixes such as www. etc. When you click Next, you will see one of the following messages:

• If DOMAIN UNLOCKED is displayed, then the domain is ready to be transferred. Click Next to continue.
  • If DOMAIN LOCKED is displayed, then make sure you've prepared your domain for transfer.

After this, you will be asked to enter the authorisation code, and you will be able to initiate the transfer.

Please do note that after you initiate the transfer, the process could take up to 20 days. That could be one reason that you're not seeing it on Shopify yet, you may need to give it more time if you have successfully completed the steps above.
For this information, you can see our help doc on Domain Transfers.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this, and I will be happy to help!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes