Domain hasn't transferred after 24 hours

10 0 0

Hi there,

I'm currently building two websites for a friend. He houses both shops under his one email address with two stores.

When building website 1, friend purchased domain for website 2 under the website 1 account. We tried to transfer the domain from website 1 to website 2 account so that the domain for website 2 would stop directing to website 1 but the 24 hour transfer time has passed and nothing has happened. Website 2 is still directing traffic to website 1.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks,
BVC

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
161 21 28

Hi, @BVC,

Hank here from Shopify.

Since you posted this message, the issue may have already been resolved but I will share some information below if it has not yet. As you have not shared your domain I am unable to check the status of your domain specifically, but I will still provide some general assistance.

We have a great guide on the steps to transfer a Shopify domain, to another Shopify store here. This process can take 24 hours, but sometimes can be up to 48 hours to fully point correctly. Was this the process you followed?

Once transferred, then you will see that the website is no longer listed in your Shopify admin under Online Store > Domains. It will then reappear in the store it was transferred to, but you may need to set this to the primary domain.

Let me know if the issue is still occurring, or if you can share your store URL's with me, I can take a closer look at what the issue might be.

All the best, Hank.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes