Domain help

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 1

Please can someone help me with this one! I bought a website from Wix about 2 years ago for my online fashion store but I then learnt that Shopify was the one I should use for Ecomm. I also bought my domain from them. I paid a web developer to transfer my domain over to Shopify but have now learnt that it is not being hosted by Shopify but being redirected from Network Solutions. I would prefer it to be hosted by shopify but don't know if I can do this or where I would begin.

I need to know if:

Does the redirection affect my SEO or traffic? 

Can I somehow get the domain to be hosted by Shopify?

What do I need to do in order to ensure the domain is no longer a 3rd party host?

Any help would be much appreciated, 

Yours,

Lost in domain world

Can it be hosted by shopify if I want to transfer it?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
191 13 36
Hello there!

There is no real need to transfer your domain to Shopify. To add a domain from 3rd party into Shopify here’s a link for that: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/using-existing-domains/connecting-domains#ad...

If you can access Network Solutions your A record should be a static IP address pointing to Shopify and a CNAME record for yourshop.myshopify.com.

Also Google recommends 301 redirects if you use them. Anything else could likely affect SEO but probably not right away.

Regards,

Sam

Shopify Themes and Custom Apps | hello@achieveapplabs.com
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1
Thanks Sam. This helps
1 Like