Domain is available but can't buy?

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

I'm using the Dutch language of Shopify so i might translate some things wrong.
I'm trying to buy a domain through Shopify.  It's free and available and can be bought for 14 USD a year, but everytime i try to buy it it shows me the error sign and tells me to try again. And it also shows me the button to edit my shop information, but everything is filled in correctly :S 

Please help me to solve this problem, what can i do to fix this problem asap?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 66 85

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Lemon11,

Hank here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear you are having some difficulty in purchasing your domain.

There are a few reasons this might be happening, and I'll try to list some of the most common reasons below.

The first step would be to ensure there are no special characters (á, ń, ö, etc.) in your name, address, etc, in Settings > General, as this information will be used to register your domain and will need to be validated. Special characters are not compatible with domain languages, which leads to a common error.

Another error may be insufficient funds or if using the likes of PayPal, I'd advise to see that your account is not showing any issues, or timeline errors (failed payments, etc). 

The last potential issue is if trying to purchase a premium domain (usually a short worded URL), these type of domains are not compatible on Shopify, and will always give an error message.

Would you be able to share a screenshot of the error and I will try to see if I can spot any issue with the steps you are trying, or if I can see any potential reason as to why this is not happening for you?

Let me know,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for your fast reply. It was indeed my insufficient funds on PayPal. Now it has been fixed and all good. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 66 85

Absolutely no problem, you are very welcome, my friend!

Do reach back out to us if you need anything, stay safe, and have an awesome day!

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes