Domain is suddenly disconnected, what to do?

3 0 0

Yesterday I had Facebook Ads running, and realized that I lost a lot of money, but no one comes to my side. I saw that my page is no longer available. When asked by GoDaddy it was said that the DNS is wrong and that has been corrected. I still can not reconnect to my domain, ask for help.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 181

Hey, @breutehaus!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. When it comes to third-party domains our support scope is limited as each domain is different. It is up to your domain provider to ensure the domain is working as expected. I can go in and have a look if you like to see if I can spot anything obvious to help you out? 

In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon, 

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
3 0 0
I sent it to you
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 181

Thanks for getting back to me, @breutehaus

You were correct your DNS settings are not correct. They are showing as follows: 

2019-10-q5kak-lpgty

As it is a third party domain, we cannot access the dashboard to help you change this so you will need to contact Go Daddy or whoever you purchased the domain from. Your third-party domain provider is familiar with the terms related to domains. When you call your provider for support, you can tell them that:

• you want your root domain (your A record) to point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.32
  • you want your subdomains (your CNAME records) to point to shops.myshopify.com.

If you want to set up email forwarding, then you can also tell your third-party provider that you want to use their email client (if they have one) and need to configure your MX records.

I hope this helps but let me know if you need any more clarification at all.

All the best,

Lulu

0 Likes
3 0 0

Everything done as they said. It does not work now. I have managed to connect the domains, but I can not access the online shop + after 5 minutes it is disconnected again. What am I supposed to do, I'm really doubting that GoDaddy does not do anything and you do not. A and CNAME correct, but connected after 10 min disconnect

@Lulu wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me, @breutehaus

You were correct your DNS settings are not correct. They are showing as follows: 

2019-10-q5kak-lpgty

As it is a third party domain, we cannot access the dashboard to help you change this so you will need to contact Go Daddy or whoever you purchased the domain from. Your third-party domain provider is familiar with the terms related to domains. When you call your provider for support, you can tell them that:

• you want your root domain (your A record) to point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.32
  • you want your subdomains (your CNAME records) to point to shops.myshopify.com.

If you want to set up email forwarding, then you can also tell your third-party provider that you want to use their email client (if they have one) and need to configure your MX records.

I hope this helps but let me know if you need any more clarification at all.

All the best,

Lulu

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 181

Hi, @breutehaus.

I just double-checked and I can see your domain is now connected correctly and your site is showing perfectly.

2019-10-hzvkb-5fuk0

I am glad you got this sorted. If there is ever anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to reach back out!

All the best,

Lulu

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello @Lulu

I am having a similar issue. I recently transferred my domain from Google Domains to Shopify and although it says "connected" next to my domain. If you go to the URL phasewatches.com you'll get:

This site can’t be reached 

I may have missed this verification email from Shopify the day after I did my transfer: 

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 1.39.40 PM.png

 I also got a WHOIS data confirmation the other day and noticed that the reason why my domain doesn't work is that it's still using google domains name servers:

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 1.41.13 PM.png

 I'm thinking that although it says connected in Shopify it may not work because the name servers are wrong? But when I go to manage for my domain in Shopify and click DNS and look at the name servers. It says this URL is using Shopify's name servers. 

Not sure what to do and need my shop up and running as soon as possible. 

0 Likes