Solved

How can I change my purchased domain name?

BitcWitc
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

Does anyone know how to change a Domain name? I purchased a Domain in Shopify and now I need to change the name to match my store. How do I do this? Can I do this? I just purchased it about a week ago. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. PS I went to Domains in the store, but didn't see where I could change the Domain name. Have a great day.

Accepted Solution (1)

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @BitcWitc 

You can not change domain name, you should by another. By the ways, if you have any trouble while doing you business on Shopify, beside Shopify community, I'd recommend you this seri of Shopify tutorial. It's about everything about Shopify. 

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

Hi, @BitcWitc

Domain names can not be changed once they have been purchased as domain names are registered with ICANN. For this reason, domain names are non-refundable purchases. You will own the domain for a total of 1 year (or more if you selected a longer term). If you wish to purchase a new domain to accurately represent the name you've chosen for your business, then you will need to purchase a new domain in Online Store/Domains. 

If you are referring to the ".myshopify.com" URL then this domain name can not be changed once created. However; it is only used for login credentials once you add a purchased domain. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Stephaniev2008
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

So even though the domain for Shopify has been changed I still need to buy a registered domain to match it?

Thanks for the help

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @BitcWitc 

You can not change domain name, you should by another. By the ways, if you have any trouble while doing you business on Shopify, beside Shopify community, I'd recommend you this seri of Shopify tutorial. It's about everything about Shopify. 

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!