Domain name not working - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

A few days ago my store became unreachable - when I try to load the domain, I get the following error: "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN".

I tried resetting and altering DNS settings in Shopify to no avail. Also, I have a Zoho account as an e-mail service provider for the same domain, and that too is not working. There must be something wrong with my domain (Shopify registered) and I can not figure out what the issue could be. When I change something in the DNS settings it says either Action required or Setup in progress when I click on manage under my domain page.

I would appreciate any advice and help. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Styrman!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem with your domain name. This could be down to a number of things so I will need to pop into your account to have a look. In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I can take a closer look at your domain and figure out what's happening with it.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you. :)

It appears that I missed an e-mail to confirm my domain name. It came online as soon as I opened the e-mail and clicked to confirmation link. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! I have the same problem, can you help me? my email is farmaciasparis.cl@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @Nicolas22.

Welcome to the thread. I would be happy to take a look at your domain set up for you. In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get take a closer look.

Speak soon,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same problem for a week now ,

store name : global-communication.myshopify.com

email : omounir@global-comm.com

thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @Omar_Mounir.

Welcome to the thread. Sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing your store! Can I ask where you are based? As I know at the moment, there is an issue with merchants using the internet service provider “TE Data” in Egypt and they are not able to load most Shopify sites. TE Data appears to specifically be blocking Shopify and other online shopping sites.

If this is the case, you will need to contact your internet service provider as this issue is completely outside our control. Using a different internet service provider should also work around the issue.

Let me know if this is not the case or if you have any other questions. 

- Lulu

1 Like
Highlighted
1 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,

I am currently having the same issue here

My shopify domain is

gilmour-gray.myshopify.com

But I have assigned this domain to

www.finiteedition.co.uk

this is the one that is not working. It only works when I access it though a bookmark

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 75 129

Hi, @grayc27.

Welcome to the thread. Can you send a screenshot from your Shopify admin under 'Online Store' > 'Domains' and I'll take a closer look for you?

Thank you,

Lulu

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Did anyone find a solution to this?  Our site has had this issue for 3 days now, and I've been on 2 chats and have spoke to a guru, and no one seems to have the fix.  How was this DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN fixed?  I have had my store for 6 years and have never experienced an issue like this before.  Our site is www.romanandleo.com.  Thanks for your help!

0 Likes