Domain name release for inactive store

Solved
spence88
2 0 0

My domain name might still be connected to an inactive shopify store. I need it to be released/removed from there so that I can connect my domain to my current store.

0 Likes
Ireoluwa
Excursionist
100 4 9

Hello 

Welcome to the community

The same way you have connected to the first store is the same way you will connect that same domain to your new store

0 Likes
spence88
2 0 0

There is 1 error:

A site with that domain name already exists

0 Likes
Ireoluwa
Excursionist
100 4 9

Okay if that persists, we will need to reset the connection, 

Erasing the first set up in order to make the second integration. 

0 Likes
Hilary
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
89 25 12

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @spence88

Hilary here from Shopify. To resolve the error you are receiving, you will need to contact our Support team directly to finish connecting your domain. This is because we will need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Our team will request some further information from you regarding your domain name, and will be happy to help get this resolved with you. 

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Hilary | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ireoluwa
Excursionist
100 4 9

Yes, I have told him that and he should have done that

contacting the support

0 Likes