Domain transfer failed

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

When I initiated the transfer of my GoDaddy domain to Shopify,  I didn't realized I was blocked from transferring because I transferred my domain from one GoDaddy account to my other GoDaddy account. Shopify charged me $17 already and GoDaddy says I can't transfer until the 60 day mark which is Oct. 9th.

My question is, will I need to initiate the transfer again when I'm unblocked or will Shopify automatically try? And if so, will I be charged $17 again? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 60 90

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @EccentricAngel! Welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out about this.

Once the 60 day waiting period has passed, you will need to initiate the transfer of your domain over to Shopify again. The status of your domains can be viewed from your Shopify admin in ‘Online Store > Domains’, and since your third party domain was unable to be transferred just yet, you should only see your myshopify.com domain listed there as connected at this time.

Additionally, you’ll only be charged for the domain registration once the transfer has been complete. Therefore, even though you may have had a charge applied when you first initiated the transfer, the $17 would have been refunded back to you once we determined that the transfer was not able to be completed at this time. 

You can double check on this (and any other billing inquiries) from within your Shopify admin as well. Please go to ‘Settings > Billing’ where you can find all invoice information in the Bills section; You should see a refunded notification next to the invoice for a domain registration. More information about your invoices can be found in the Help Doc for Managing billing

Let me know if you have any other questions about this, or need further clarification. I’m here, and happy to help!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes