Domain transfer: no authorization emails?

MarkeM
1 0 0

Hello,

I have not received my authorization email when going through the process to transfer my domain from wix to shopify. I saw a reply from Shopify to someone else's similar question where they stated the process when transferring your domain is:

1. Transfer initiated
  2. Billing email sent
  3. Set your data use consent preferences
  4. Up to 2 emails for authentication 
  5. Either “transfer succeeded” or “it failed for X reason, here are next steps & you’ve been refunded”

So far I have received the data consent email (bullet point 3) which I accepted, but not other authorization emails thus far. Is there anything else I need to do or does it usually take time for these to be sent to me so I can proceed? I have tried to contact shopify but there is no direct contact link? It just takes me back to support links.

- MM

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1202 103 128

Hi @MarkeM,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

When did you transfer the domain? Domain transfers can take up to 20 days to complete and going by your description, it would appear that you've completed the correct steps for now and you should be sent the 4th "Up to 2 emails for authentication" email at a later stage. 

If you log into your admin and click Settings > Billing > Invoices, and notice a domain renewal invoice for the custom domain you are looking to transfer, this means the transfer is successfully being processed. I'd recommend waiting up to 20 days for the renewal to be completed. 

If you would like for our support to double-check, please contact our support here for further assistance as we would need to authenticate your account. After you log into the Help Centre; the Help Centre will prompt guides first to help you with your query. If none of these guides resolves your query, please scroll down the page and click Contact Support again. Here's a video example of how that should look. If you are experiencing a "loop" please sign out of your account as shown here and access our support as a guest instead. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes