Domain transfer .se

Hi!

I have a domain on godaddy that I want to transfer to my current shopify account where the english domain and language is. My domain is www.lust4you.se so its a Swedish domain. I have a problem with my SEO translation and according to Multilingo this is going to fix my problem. Please advise! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
756 74 148

Hey there, @Pontuss 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

That is a wonderful question. What SEO issues have you come across? Who has advised that you transfer your domain to resolve them? Is the .se domain already associated with this store and do you simply want to transfer it to Shopify completely or is it attached to another website entirely? 

Before you can transfer your domain to Shopify, you need to prepare it to be transferred.

Steps:

1. Log in to your third-party domain provider account.
  2. Confirm that the email associated with your account is up-to-date. During the domain transfer process, you'll receive emails to this account that you need to respond to.
  3. Unlock the domain that you want to transfer. Typically, this will involve finding the settings for the domain that you want to transfer, then clicking Unlock. Some domain providers require you to approve this choice by clicking on a link in a confirmation email.
  4. Get a transfer authorization code from your provider. Typically, this involves finding the settings for the domain that you want to transfer, then clicking Transfer this domain or Transfer out.

Please note, the process for preparing a domain for transfer varies by the third-party domain provider. If you have trouble preparing your domain for transfer, then contact your third-party domain provider. Shopify Support can't log in to your third-party domain account for you, even if you give your explicit permission.

Then, from the Shopify side: 

Steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, click Online Store > Domains.
  2. If this is the first domain that you're connecting to your Shopify store, then click Connect existing domain, then click transfer in your domain:

If you already have a domain connected to your Shopify store, then click Transfer domain:

3. Enter the domain that you want to transfer to Shopify. Do not include www. at the beginning of the domain.
  4. Click Next.

5. Click Verify domain.

6. If the domain is ready to be transferred, you see DOMAIN UNLOCKED. Click Next to continue. If you see DOMAIN LOCKED, make sure you've prepared your domain for transfer.

7. In the Verification code box, enter the authorization code, or EPP code, that your domain provider gave you.

8. Click Next.

9. Click Buy and transfer.

10. Check the email account associated with your domain for an email from your domain provider. The email varies by domain provider, but you need to approve the domain transfer by clicking a link such as Confirm Transfer or Approve Transfer:

After you've approved the domain transfer, it takes up to 20 days for the transfer to be complete. You will receive an email from Shopify confirming that your domain is transferred.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

If I search on my translated products on google I cant find any link to my website. But when I search on the English language I find my website. According Multilingo "Multi Lingo also adds the proper Hrfelang Tags for each of your languages to your theme code, so Google & Co know in which languages your Shop is available." and they also say that "If you want to get your content indexed in several language, we strongly recommend you to register individual (sub)domains with your ISP, map each of them to a language in Multi Lingo and submit each (sub)domain to your Google Search Console separately.
This will help search engines to follow links in your shop and recognize translated versions as standalone content (like a different website)." 

I want to transfer my .se account to shopify so I can take my translated shopify store to this site.

1. Log in to your third-party domain provider account.  OK
  2. Confirm that the email associated with your account is up-to-date. During the domain transfer process, you'll receive emails to this account that you need to respond to. OK
  3. Unlock the domain that you want to transfer. Typically, this will involve finding the settings for the domain that you want to transfer, then clicking Unlock. Some domain providers require you to approve this choice by clicking on a link in a confirmation email.  OK
  4. Get a transfer authorization code from your provider. Typically, this involves finding the settings for the domain that you want to transfer, then clicking Transfer this domain or Transfer out.    OK

When I click on transfer domain and write lust4you.se do I get a message from shopify:  

.se domains are currently not supported.

If you want to use this domain for your store, you can connect it to Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
756 74 148

Apologies, @Pontuss. In that case:

1. Click Connect existing domain.

2. Enter the domain that you want to connect, such as johns-apparel.info.

3. Click Next.

Now you need to set up your existing domain to point to Shopify. You need to edit the following DNS settings:

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65 Copy

• Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com Copy .

Editing these domain settings might have an effect on other things, such as email forwarding. You can contact your domain provider to find out how any changes might affect your DNS settings.

1. Log in to the account you have with your domain provider.

2. Find your DNS settings. Look for your domain management area, DNS configuration, or similar.

3. Edit your A record to point to Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65 Copy

The domain settings panel might feature drop-downs or editable fields, or you might have to check boxes or edit a table. You need to:

• enter or choose the @ symbol, or A record
    • enter Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65 Copy as the destination for the A record.
  4. Save the A Record (click Save, Save Zone File, Add Record, or similar).

5. Find the CNAME record in your DNS settings.

6. Change your www CNAME record to point to shops.myshopify.com Copy . Often, you need to provide just the prefix without the dot, but for some domain providers you need the whole subdomain. Use the existing entries as a guide, or follow your provider's instructions. CNAME records must always point to a domain name, never to an IP address.

7. Save the CNAME Record (usually by clicking Save or Add record or similar).

Now you need to verify your connection in Shopify, you can click Verify connection in your Shopify admin to confirm that your custom domain has been connected to your store.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
756 74 148

Apologies, @Pontuss. In that case:

1. Click Connect existing domain.

2. Enter the domain that you want to connect, such as johns-apparel.info.

3. Click Next.

Now you need to set up your existing domain to point to Shopify. You need to edit the following DNS settings:

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65 Copy

• Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com Copy .

Editing these domain settings might have an effect on other things, such as email forwarding. You can contact your domain provider to find out how any changes might affect your DNS settings.

1. Log in to the account you have with your domain provider.

2. Find your DNS settings. Look for your domain management area, DNS configuration, or similar.

3. Edit your A record to point to Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65 Copy

The domain settings panel might feature drop-downs or editable fields, or you might have to check boxes or edit a table. You need to:

• enter or choose the @ symbol, or A record
    • enter Shopify's IP address 23.227.38.65 Copy as the destination for the A record.
  4. Save the A Record (click Save, Save Zone File, Add Record, or similar).

5. Find the CNAME record in your DNS settings.

6. Change your www CNAME record to point to shops.myshopify.com Copy . Often, you need to provide just the prefix without the dot, but for some domain providers you need the whole subdomain. Use the existing entries as a guide, or follow your provider's instructions. CNAME records must always point to a domain name, never to an IP address.

7. Save the CNAME Record (usually by clicking Save or Add record or similar).

Now you need to verify your connection in Shopify, you can click Verify connection in your Shopify admin to confirm that your custom domain has been connected to your store.

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes

I followed your instructions and it worked to link the page to my shopify. But a .se domain hade been a better e-store in Sweden an it hade been easier to have 2 domains on shopify for me.

I thank you for your help.

Regards Pontus

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
756 74 148

I am glad that this worked out for you, Pontuss! I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars. These short tutorials take you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance.

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes