Domain transfer to other site problems

Solved
robinahl
4 0 0

Dear friends!

I want to transfer my domain to other site.

what I need is the security code when I go to transfer domain and click on "get code" and trying to paste it I get the value "Null" I tried contact Shopify support over 2 weeks with no answer. 

also I have 5 other domains registered on same email but I can't log in and transfer them because I need to select a payment plan to handle my domains, any solution on this? I payed for my domains and have the right to transfer them,  

I really aprichiate any help.

Best regards Robin

0 Likes
jefflhlow
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Hi @robinahl ,

Since you owned the Domain with the same email, you should able to receive the EPP code from the domainer. However transferring domain had lots of rules to follow and each domainer had their SOP.

However, the main rules from ICANN is you can't transfer a newly registered domain within 60days.

Why is my domain locked for 60 days?
Per an agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), all domain providers are required to lock a domain for the first 60 days after registration or transfer. ICANN requires domainer to offering an optional 60-day domain lock after changing the Owner's contact information. This 60-day lock prevents you from transferring your domain to another provider.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1993 147 424

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @robinahl

@jefflhlow hit the nail on the head with the 60-day hold. If any of your domains were purchased within the last 60 days, then you will need to wait for the 60 day grace period to expire before the domains can be transferred away from Shopify. 

That said, in order to transfer a domain away from Shopify, it does require access to your Shopify admin. We recommend transferring domains away from Shopify, or to another active Shopify store before closing an account to avoid any issues in the future. So long as your account(s) are in good standing, then our teams can help reactive your stores to allow you to transfer the domains to another domain manager. You can find more information on how to transfer your domain away from Shopify here

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request. If you can not log in, then you can access support by clicking "Continue without logging in." 

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
robinahl
4 0 0

Please listen to what I'm saying!

I can't see my domain authorization code there is only a button "copy code" but when I press it and later on paste it I get the value "Null" 

I can't copy my code because there is none its only this button "copy code" I tried this on my Mac and on my pc with no sucess. I bought this domain more than 60 days ago, and I have good stand with Shopify also I need to transfer this to other domain not to another Shopify store. and I try 7 times to contact support with no answer that's why I am writing here, so please help me with this progress. my registration email is Robin_duvet@hotmail.com and the domain is shopish.se

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1993 147 424

This is an accepted solution.

@robinahl 

Apologies for not understanding.

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes