Domain transfer

Highlighted
2 0 0

I would like to transfer my domain to Shopify before my 14-days trial period ends. on August 28.   As my domain is less than 60 days after initial registration, I could not perform the transfer.  Can I continue to keep my account after the trial period ends?  I  will upgrade once I completed my domain transfer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 51 97

Hi @Myshop2027,

Hyde here from Shopify. Excellent question!

You're right that if you purchased your domain within the last 60-days, you will have to wait until the 60-days have elapsed before you can transfer it.

To work around this you can either pick a plan before that trial of yours runs out (take a look at the available plans here) or you can let your trial expire and intend to return to the store later. If you let your trial expire but plan to return to the same store later, we can only guarantee that your store will still be there for up to 30 days after your trial ends. After that, it becomes eligible to be wiped from our servers.

That's not to say that it definitely will be deleted after 30-days, just that it's possible. This means you may try to sign in to your store a month after you let the trial expire and find that it no longer exists. Truthfully, that wouldn't be the end of the world as you could simply open another store, although the store name you pick (and the .myshopify.com URL that you are automatically given) will have to be slightly different to the original. That's not an issue, obviously, because you're using your own domain anyway, which is what your visitors to the site will see.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you've any questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
  •  Just to confirm,  how about my store image and logo can i use the same one that i used previously if i choose to open another account later?   Another question is if i connect to the current domain and upgrade during the trial period, can i transfer to my own domain after I complete the 60 days period?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 51 97

You create your store image and logo, so you can download them both from the old store to upload to the new store. 

I'm not sure I've fully understood this question "Another question is if i connect to the current domain and upgrade during the trial period, can i transfer to my own domain after I complete the 60 days period?" could you clarify that a little for me, please? 

Best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 10

I am having to wait 90 days before I can transfer my domain to Shopify

0 Likes