Domain trouble

DaMyaSa
5 0 0

Hello , I have just finished customizing my Shopify store and am ready to now publish my website but I wanted to change my domain to .com but I previously worked with bigcartel I am switching over. I closed my bigcartel store. And went to google domains and unlocked my domain which was prettygirlgoodies.com. I then went to Shopify and renews my domain purchased it received a new renewal payment date but for some reason when try to make it my primary domain it will not connect but at the bottom it says transfer in progress and I did not edit my dns settings because I don’t know how to. I really want to start working with my website I’d there anyway way you could tell me how to fix this problem thank you soo much I’m so excited to switch to Shopify. I always wanted to change my header color to black on the debut themes but it will not let me please please help me with that also. Thanks again 

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Hi, @DaMyaSa,

Hank here from Shopify.

In order to assist you with the best information, I just want to clarify a couple of things.

With your domain, you mentioned the domain states transfer in progress, is this within Shopify, or within Google domains, you see this? There would be a specific timeframe that domain transfers can take (up to 20 days in some cases), and did you follow the steps listed in this guide when transferring?

Then in relation to your Debut request, it may be possible to change this within the editor (Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Colors), or through the likes of coding. I see a similar request on this forum post which you might find value in.

Or if you prefer to query this change with our team and get assistance with this, you can reach out to the live teams via the Help Centerlog in to your account, and create a support request.

However, for non-account-specific issues, I can continue to assist you via the Community forums.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DaMyaSa
5 0 0

Hello , thank you so much for the reply. I realized that when I press view store it will take me to PrettyGirlGoodies.com and not myShopify but the page doesn’t load. But the myShopify one doesn’t work without the link so I’m all confused on why PrettyGirlGoodies.com won’t connect as my primary. I’ve followed all the steps 

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

Thank you for the additional context.

So I took a look at PrettyGirlGoodies.com, and it takes me to a maintenance page, which does not look like a Shopify message, so I'd say the domain is still hosted elsewhere.

Depending on what you want to do, you can either connect your domain (but it is still managed outside of Shopify) or you can transfer your domain (where you can manage it within Shopify).

When I look at your URL using this site it looks like the DNS records are still associated with Big Cartel. So once you decide on which option you want to try with your domain, you should notice a change.

Let me know how you get on, or what you see within the admin (Online Store > Domains) once you choose either option, whichever you prefer.

0 Likes
DaMyaSa
5 0 0
Hello thanks again sooo much ! I would like to connect my domain as soon as
possible so whichever one is fast to do please let me know the exact steps
and i will choose the the one that helps em connect my domain faster. I
also purchased a domain with Shopify which was the .com. Please let me know
whenever you can which one is faster to connect thank you so much and have
a great weekend.

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

It honestly depends on your own choice. However, timewise, the connecting of a domain may be easier for you, so you can use the guide I listed above for that.

You mentioned you purchased a domain within Shopify, so that should not be an issue, the advice above is purely for third-party domains.

If you still are finding some issues with this, let me know, or if you need to query your account, I recommend contacting the live support teams I mentioned above.

0 Likes