Domain was refunded after purchase (?)

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I purchased a domain via Shopify yesterday, received the email receipt, including the one for Tucows, Inc. Yet, when I went to connect it, it came up with an error. I checked my credit card and Shopify Billing settings and they stated the transaction was refunded. If I go to re-purchase, it now says the domain is not available. Any idea why? I really needed that domain.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 175

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @HausSuite!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

That does seem strange. I can definitely take a closer look into this for you and see what happened. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there Lulu,

I have had this exact same issue happen to me, where I went to purchase the domain bakedandraised.co.nz and I received an email with the order receipt. However the domain is not showing up for me or working and when I look at my bank transactions I can see the payment for domain registration has been refunded. Now when I try to buy the domain it says it is no longer available, I really need this name.

Can I please have some help?

Thank you,

Natasha

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

oh my goodness,

I'm having the same problem here...

tried to purchase several domains... but keeps getting rejected- refunded

I really need the domian.

does any one know how to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Angela

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

@Lulu please help!

This has also happened to me...it's so frustrating!! 

Mine is also a .co.nz domain, is this a New Zealand issue?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey pipa

Has anyone contacted you about this problem?

also have mentioned to the support team someone has same problem as me, I have contacted billing team to sort this problem out! You should do that too!

Hope this helps

Angela

Creative director

EVERAFTER

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Angela,

Thank you! I have emailed the shopify billing team so hopefully someone will be able to help us.

I'm curious, is the domain you want  .co.nz too? I'm wondering if it has something to do with having to have an IRD number?

0 Likes