Domain

NKabani
1 0 0

I would like your advice on my Shopify Sites. I have 2 websites on Shopify. One was created couple of years ago, and the other has been created recently. I still want to keep the domain of the original website, but would like people to be directed to the new recent website that I have created with a different domain name. Can you please let me know how this can be done, and also do I have to keep the original website going, even though I will not be using it, but only using its domain name to redirect people to the new site.

Furthermore, if I don't have to keep the original website, would I still have to keep paying the subscription fee of $29.99, just because I will be using its domain to redirect people to the new site?

Thanks very much for your assistance. Look forward to hear back from you .

NKabani

0 Likes
OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
233 54 65

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

You can do that by redirecting your old domain to your new one.

If you registered your domain with a domain third party provider such as name cheap or google domains... you can log  in your panel and point your domain to your new domain.  Once you've done that you can stop paying Shopify for your old store's hosting.

In case you registered it with Shopify you'll need to transfer your domain to a third party provider and repeat the step above.

If you need we can take care of all that for your, contact us for a free quotation.

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

⚡️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
⚡️ Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]
0 Likes