Domain

spacey
1 0 0

I bought a domain from go daddy as shapelegs.com. but when I set up my store i was confused and  thought I had to create another name for the store and that the domain was just for my email.  so now my store is Iyanaleggins.myshopify.com and I don't like it  and I have created  a pixel and Instagram and google analytics oh so much with that name . I just want to know who to use it without the my shopify in the middle of my store name since that's the only reason  its so long.

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 27 272

Hey!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

It actually doesn't matter which URL you have for your .myshopify.com domain. You can use the GoDaddy domain you already purchased to mask the Shopify one and help establish your brand.

This guide explains how to point a third-party domain at your Shopify store.

If you would prefer to use Iyanaleggins.com, you can do that but you will need to purchase the domain. You can purchase it directly from Shopify by doing to Online Store > Domains in your admin. If you prefer, you can purchase it from GoDaddy or another provider and connect it to your store using the instructions I linked you to above.

Let me know how you get on with that. I'm happy to help further if you have more questions.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes